Services provided by consultants may include,
but are not limited to the following:
Some of the services mentioned here require additional licenses through governmental boards and agencies. Check carefully to ensure the consultant you employ has the appropriate license for the service offered.
- Appraisals of value-land and timber.
- Acquisition of forest land-appraising and purchasing.
- Computer services–forestry applications.
- Environmental impact studies.
- Environmental regulatory compliance–erosion and sedimentation control requirements, and wetlands regulations.
- Estimates of timber value–economic studies.
- Insect and disease control.
- Prescribed burning
- Litigation–serving as expert witness on forest and property litigation problems.
- Management of forest resources (timber, wildlife, water and others).
- Timber stand improvement.
- Forest regeneration.
- Timber sales and marketing other forest products.
- Road layout and construction.
- Taxation counseling for all forestry situations.
- Urban forestry.
- Timber trespass.
- Timber damage evaluation–fire, wind, insect, disease.